Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 30th, 2007, 07:26 AM

Big Problem(could be virus related)

Ok so i am having a problem with my computer. For a while i would start it and like litterally within 2 second or so it would shut off. I figured that out to be a power problem, and that is solved the computer starts up like a champ. And today i also bought a fan for the video card and a new processor fan and the power is still fine but after i installed the fans the computer will now get to the desktop and start to load the programs and eventually either shut off completly or restart itself. This sometimes occurs befor the login screen appears. It seems like it could be a virus but at the same time i doubt that because it started happening after i instaled fans so it makes no sence. Also staring in safe mode dose not change anything it will still restart.

Dose anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate the help i will be posting this in other branches of the forum because i am not sure if this is the correct branch.
Old December 30th, 2007, 02:05 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
What did you do to fix the power problem before you installed the new fans?

Check all of your connections you could have knocked something loose while installing the fans. Try disconnecting the video card fan & boot up. It won't over heat in that short time..