Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old March 30th, 2003, 06:49 AM

problems reading music cd-digital and analog

Hi. I am having trouble listening to my music cd from any of my two drives(dvd and crdw). Note that I can still view data cds from both drives. Windows media player 9 tells me that it has somehting to do with digital and analog settings. It asked me to change from digital settings to analog to correct the settings. I did and nothing happened so I tried the manual way. Problems here to. It tells me to change from digital to analog once right clicking on either one of the devices in the tool menu. However I cannot get the window to open up and thus I cannot change the settings. Winamp is the same-can't play cd.
However I did get audiograbber to play after changing to analog but that is all.

what has happened. What is media player 9 on about, about digital and analog files.

I think and am quite certain that the aspi upgrade I installed affected this. I downloaded it and installed because dvd copy plus suggested I do to fix a problem I had. I think I have the lastest one. audiograbber mention something about aspi and problems associated.

Can it be fixed and how can I if it is the problem-aspi, remove the new version and replace it with an older version.

thanks for help.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 04:04 AM

Windows media player cdrom digital error

Windows media player performance
Windows media encountered an error when reading the CD-ROM drive in digital mode. Click Ok to switch to analog mode. Click cancel to retry playing in digital mode.

What can I do from this if my settings won't change.
and yes I have tried reinstalling the program.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 04:39 AM

Common Problem

This is a common problem that has been bothering people who installed Windows Media Player 9. I had this problem when I tried to play and rip cd's to my hard drive. It wanted to switch between analog and digital mode, nothing helped. I still can't play cd's with the Windows Media Player 9. I had to install a ripping program made by www.germanixsoft.net/ They have the GermaniXPlayer, GermaniXEncoder and GermaniXRipper programs. I had to download and install the GermaniXRipper program to rip cd's again. I don't no what answer to give you other than posting your question in the Microsoft newsgroup, located at http://communities.microsoft.com/New...media&sLCID=US

Good luck!
Old April 3rd, 2003, 04:22 AM

I did

I did atleast twice but they as slow in replying
Old April 6th, 2003, 05:14 AM

I have found the answer

It was to do with my aspi update. I installed the lastest from adaptec and although it said everything was funtional it was the cause of cd problem and caused problems with some dvd players and tools. I removed it-just removed the folder and everything fixed its self.