Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:40 AM

No icon on desktop after ViaVoice install

Hello, new to Vista,
I have install IBM ViaVoice software for Win XP on Vista. After install i got no icon on desktop, no icon on start menu, and no icon inside the programs folder! The program doesn't even start at boot.
Is this a normal? Is there a way around?
Thanks
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:57 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Hi there,

Unfortunately, IBM ViaVoice is not Vista compatible. There will not be updates to the programme for compatibility neither.

It looks like you will have to get Dragon NaturallySpeaking to work with your Operating System. Details here.
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohray View Post
Hi there,

Unfortunately, IBM ViaVoice is not Vista compatible. There will not be updates to the programme for compatibility neither.

It looks like you will have to get Dragon NaturallySpeaking to work with your Operating System. Details here.
Thank you for the comment.

is there a way to try the software before buying it? Do you know if there is a less expensive option?

Thanks
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:58 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
I've looked at various 'sites but there doesn't seem top be a trial version. I guess that if you are not satisfied with a product, there should be/usually is a 14 day money-back option?

I've never used this kind of software so can only suggest a Google search. Hopefully, somebody may come up with an application that works with Vista or is good enough to use in everyday life.

Best of luck.
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:26 PM

It seems that Naturally speaking is quite good actually. I have found an offer and bought the software... let's see how is going to work.
Thank you.