Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:23 AM

Windows Media Player sound

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking time to read my post and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

My problem is with Windows Media Player; the sound is distorted. It sounds like it is straining the speakers (kind of like when you play music too loud), but the volume is very low.

I have a SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme Music sound card. When I play music or videos in any other program, the sound quality is fine.

I have tried reverting back to older versions of WMP, as well as installing newer ones. Neither of these attempts had any effect.

Anyone have any suggestions? If you need to know more information about my rig, just ask.

Thanks again.