Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old November 9th, 2006, 11:56 AM

blank page when browsing/error on page

my husband's computer is having a problem i can't resolve.

while browsing, some sites come up just fine. others give a blank page. in aol, the page has the title in the blue bar and the top. in ie, the url is at the top with the message "error on page" which resolves to "done" at the bottom.

other odd things include the fact that i can't click on the smiles in any forum and add them into a post.

i also can't print from his computer.

other laptops in our house work fine, the problem is just with his desktop, but we cannon print from any of the computers (networked onto one printer)

any ideas? i've already tried resetting his internet options/settings thinking a small child might have messed with stuff.

one other thought -- i recently put aol's virus scan/protection stuff on this computer. thought the aol firewall might be causing the problem, but turning it off did not help.
Old November 10th, 2006, 03:39 PM

While I too like FF and use it as my main browser it is not the END ALL/ BE ALL to solving problems. Especially the ones that she has listed.
Old November 10th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Banned

O/S: Windows XP Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebelly View Post
my husband's computer is having a problem i can't resolve.

while browsing, some sites come up just fine. others give a blank page. in aol, the page has the title in the blue bar and the top. in ie, the url is at the top with the message "error on page" which resolves to "done" at the bottom.

other odd things include the fact that i can't click on the smiles in any forum and add them into a post.

i also can't print from his computer.

other laptops in our house work fine, the problem is just with his desktop, but we cannon print from any of the computers (networked onto one printer)

any ideas? i've already tried resetting his internet options/settings thinking a small child might have messed with stuff.

one other thought -- i recently put aol's virus scan/protection stuff on this computer. thought the aol firewall might be causing the problem, but turning it off did not help.

sounds like you might need the services of the CTH cybersafety team please read this and pop over there for a check
just to be on the safe side