Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:51 PM

"IRQL not less or equal" and " Bugcode_usb_driver" errors!

Upon booting up i get a BSOD,with either the"IRQL not less or equal" or the " Bugcode_usb_driver" message.Most often it points to the files
usbuhci.sys or usbport.sys and rarely to others (mostly usb related) as well.I have to reset several times until it finally gets till winxp.If the pc was off for a long time, it takes about an hour till it finally boots to Windows, making a small step each time i try (at first it shows nothing,then it stops at
the bios screen, then at the winxp logo etc). If the pc is finally on it may be stable for some time(from 30min to a few hours) but then i get a BSOD
again.If i try to reset then, it boots almost immediately.I've noticed that if i unplug the pc off the wall and plug it in again before resetting, it makes
progress faster. The only (hardware) change i've made to the pc is i disabled the onboard soundcard, and i installed an Audigy 2. I've also
noticed that if i have any usb devices connected, it is almost impossible to boot up. Finally i can sometimes predict when the BSOD is coming,
because of the change of the fan's noise,like during or when i'm exiting a game. I suspect this to be a overheating/power supply/"irq conflict"
problem.What do you think? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.This is driving me insane!
My PC specs: Intel P4 3.2Ghz / WinXP SP2 / 1GB Ram / ATI Radeon X1300 / 160GB HD / SB Audigy 2
Old October 22nd, 2006, 09:29 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Try this site, it list that error and give options to when the error occurs. Choose the one that fits best for what your experencing.
http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM

I get this error too periodically. Do I take it it is best to uninstall all drivers and load them all back in one by one until the problem is reproduced? Thanks
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:42 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Sounds like a RAM issue. Go to www.memtest86.com and install it on a fresh formated floppy disk. If you have more than one stick of ram, take one out (with comptuer shut off) run the utility. If you get any errors, the stick is bad. ONce you are done testing the first stick, try the other. If this stick is bad, try the next if you have more than two. Keep doing this until you run out of ram to test. If either (or both) sticks of RAM are bad, if you can still RMA it, then do so. If not, buy new RAM.

Last edited by lazygeneration0; October 22nd, 2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old October 30th, 2006, 04:01 PM

Solved! (hopefully)

I think i have solved this problem since it's about five days without a single BSOD.What i did was i completely removed my old HP PSC 500 all-in-one printer and reinstalled its drivers(the ones that come with WinXP not the printer!).Actually i did this because i needed to print and my other printer (epson stylus dx4800 usb) had run out of ink.But when i tried printing with the HP it wouldn't print right.So i reinstalled the drivers and since then everything works great! So if you have the same problem first check your drivers, especially for older devices.