Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old July 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM

Reboot Issue not a trojan or virus issue

Here is the situation...

Hubby bought me two games for relaxation when not working one was a download install (zulu gems) one is a cd install Zuma deluxe...

When playing these games some times my system will reboot with out any reason as to why....

Now I thought this maybe an ethernet update clash since I updated those three days before we got the games and this happened.
But I know that is not the case because I had to reformatt to get rid of an lexmark issue with a lexmark printer we had before it croaked.

So they are still doing this even with a fresh system and with out the ethernet updats installed.

Then I also relize this system is probably do to be replaced when we can sometime but in the meantime I was wondering if any one would be willing to help me find out why it does this only on these two games and none other?

This is not a major ordeal I just do not play them since this happens but would love to since hubby was kind enough to think about me taking breaks.

Thanks
Old July 8th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Well this could be a few things. How often does this happen and how long do you play before the reboot?

What kind of graphics card are you working with?

Im not too keen on what games your talking about so some information on what kind of games they are would help me help you. Meaning are they 3d complex games or something diffirent.

Does your PC meet the min requirments for the game?

Please reply with more info on your system and details about the games your playing.
Old July 8th, 2006, 07:58 PM

Hi VAGUE thanks for the response!

1) How often does this happen and how long do you play before the reboot?
Every time I play these two games - only with these two games...
On Zulu Gems around 1-2 hours
On Zuma around 20 mins

2) What kind of graphics card are you working with?
(SP) nVIDIA Vanta Video Adapter

3) ...Meaning are they 3d complex games or something diffirent....
They are not as intense as my hershy's 3d pinball which I play with my family on this system with out any troubles what so ever, they are very fast paced though.

4) Does your PC meet the min requirments for the game?
Yes it does, I have AIDA32 and can post the report log here about my system would this help?

Thank You again very much, I know this is not a major thing to pin point but it would be nice to find out and fix if possible.