Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old June 27th, 2006, 04:19 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Reactivating Yahoo links in messenger and Inside Yahoo

Hi All,
How do I reactivate the links in yahoo messenger and "inside yahoo" news block? I was away for a month and came back to my email acct deactivated and none of the links working when I click on them. Thanks in advance for any help, Broken.
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:40 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hi, yahoo accounts are deactivated after 180 days.
Yahoo lately changed servers... just try to go to the yahoo links without pop up blocker and see if it works. Also about messenger.. i would suggest to uninstall and reinstall, but don't install yahoo 8 beta.. not perfect yet...

Please post back with ur results!!
Old June 27th, 2006, 05:10 PM

Hi & thanks chryssi, I uninstalled yahoo messenger 7.0 and reinstalled messenger 7.5 and still can not get the links to work. I reactivated my yahoo mail acct in case there was a connection there , but no help either. I have tried with every pop up blocker off and on with no difference and yahoo help is useless. I'm about ready to uninstall and delete yahoo all together. Thanks again for trying, Broken
Old June 27th, 2006, 05:38 PM

Ok. now that you have your messenger working and your email account activated lets' try to solve the other problem.

I have windows XP (SP2) and this packet does not support msjava and i believe that after changes in yahoo servers, u need msjava to have an access to yahoo sites...
If you have windows XP (SP2)...
1.Go control panel.. add/remove programs and uninstall all java programs...
2.Download msjava from here and don't close that page, follow instructions, after downloading, just click on the icon to see if 5. note works.
3.Go to Control panel/Windows Firewall exception and put msjava there
4.Go IE Tools internet options and scroll down to find java... click on java console enabled and jit compiler but not java sun (only those 2 should have tick).
Before retrying make sure your security level at IE tools is at medium, If is custom just click on default to change it.

Now try to go to the Yahoo site u want.. if that still doesn't work restart computer and try again.

Hope this will work for u as it did to me, i had simular problems and now they are solved.. post back please, thank you.

If there is something u are not sure about just let me know.
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:07 PM

Hi Again, I did all of the above with no change in the problem, except before I downloaded the MSjava the test in step 5 worked, and after I downloaded it , it didn't. Thanks
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:12 PM

You must put it in Windows Firewall exceptions to enable it work... Did you do that?
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:15 PM

yes after the third try
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:21 PM

Hi and thanks for all the help chryssi....... I finally got the problem solved. Go to IE / tools / internet options....... then click the programs tab...... then hit the reset web setting button. After trying that everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks again for the help. Broken
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:29 AM

Glad your problems are solved.....