Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:11 PM

scsi driver for adaptec scsi

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions of where to find a scsi driver for the adaptec ava-2906 scsi, not a RAID controller. This is for a 7400c scanjet HP. I went to the HP website and found the software but it makes my system crash constantly. I was wondering if there were anydrivers that you could suggest or alternatively, to give to me.

-matt
Old May 1st, 2006, 11:04 PM
CTH Subscriber

What operating system are you using? XP has those drivers. I too had the 2906 and xp picked up the card without a problem. But you can get drivers from Adaptec's website also.

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...odkey=AVA-2906
Old May 5th, 2006, 04:19 PM

Drivers

Thank you for the reply, I looked on the adaptec website and I found that the drivers they supply on the website are for every other os but xp. (I forgot to mention that my os was xp, sorry) I have been unsuccessful in finding the right driver for the xp os. I was wondering if you knew any independant sites that may have the xp driver for the ava-2906?

-matt
Old May 5th, 2006, 05:11 PM
CTH Subscriber

Did you not pay attention to what I said. You don't need a driver for XP, XP already has them installed at the beginning of installing xp. Just pop the card in, XP will find the driver and load it for you.

That's why they aren't available on adaptec's website. You do not need drivers for this scsi card if you are using XP.
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:23 AM

sorry

I have been having issues with this machine for a while, xp has been able to find the driver, after having plugged the scsi card in loosely, it hasn't been able to pick up the connection, so in further inspection, I found that the scsi card has been the problem. My apologies.
Old May 6th, 2006, 03:15 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
scsi card in loosely
Explain what that means? Was it not installed completely as in pushed all the way into the slot or do you mean something else altogether?
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:10 PM

Explain what that means?

The card wasn't installed correctly.
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:32 PM
CTH Subscriber

Ok I wasn't sure if this was type of new computer technology word I'd missed or your vocubulary.

Thanks for explaining that. I assume now the computer is working ok, right?
Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:58 PM

Scsi new problem

Ok, so I have plugged the scsi into another pci slot. Then it actually scans a test page! Then it crashes. Now with or without the scsi in the pci slot I get a black screen that says corrupt file: windows/system32/drivers/pci.sys You can resolve the problem with the orginal windows disk using the "r" for repair in the recovery console. So now the problem is that I can't remember the administrator password for the repair. Is my computer beyond the point of getting it back?