Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:12 AM

DVI Display Resolution HELP

Here is my situation...
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-S260P Laptop w/ the ATI Radeon 9200 card it came with. I also have the port replicator (docking station). For the past few months I have been connecting my laptop to my 37" Westinghouse LCD monitor through DVI and have been able to get 1920 x 1080 resolution (this is the native res of the monitor). Yesterday I formatted my computer and reinstalled windows and all the drivers from Sony's website, as my computer was running very slow and no other fixes seemed to work. Now the problem I am having is that I cannot get a resolution above 1280 x 800...this looks horrible on such a large monitor. I have tried tweaking around all the options etc. but cannot figure out why I can't get this resolution anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:15 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Sounds like you dont have the most up to date drivers for the 9200.

I'd go and check both the Viao site and the ATI site to ensure you've got the very latest vid drivers in there.

EDIT: Sorry for my bad manners, welcome to CTH
Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the welcome....I have the most updated drivers and all...completely clueless on what to do. If this helps at all, I tried to connect a dell desktop to my monitor, but it only has VGA, so I think that was the reason for the dell not being able to obtain the higher res....everything was working perfect with the vaio before all the reinstallation stuff.