Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:55 PM

Locating Files

I'm running XP on my computer and am looking for some help in locating some files. When I use the Command Prompt screen I can list files using the DIR command (It's worked well for years), but it is limited in what it can do. Years ago I wrote a batch file which lets me find files when I know their name, or partial name, in any directory or sub-directory. With the XP Search feature, it's no longer necessary to use this.

However, what I'd like to do now is to be able to find files from a certain time period, and re-direct their names, and their locations, into a text file.
Does anyone have a small program that will do that; or any suggestions?
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:52 PM

Try Karen's Directory Printer, which I got free. I think this does all of the sorting that you want, and it also will allow you to print out the contents of directories, one at a time or nested.

Let me know if it works for you.