Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old November 5th, 2005, 10:10 PM

University Firewall Issue

Hi, this is my first post, but been lurking around for a while...

I've just recently moved into university accommodation and so instead of setting up our own internet (i.e. getting NTL or BT to come round and fit the sockets and set up the subscription) it is already set up, all we have to do is pay the university people.

The problem with this is there are restrictions. For example although we can use MSN we can't use it for Audio or Video conversations. We also can't use it to play multiplayer games, although it claims Unreal Tournament should work but it doesn't. Also we can't use programs like Kazaa, Limewire WinMx, EDonkey etc.

Is there anyway around this, I have tried the program Hopster and after getting it to work it only downloads things at 2kb/sec which is stupidly slow.

Thanks in advance.
Old November 5th, 2005, 10:14 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Howdy and welcome to CTH:

Sorry, but we aren't here to help you or anyone circumvent restrictions put on a network of any sort.. Ever think those are restricted due to the obscene number of trojans/virii a network can pick up when someone uses those pirating programs??

If you want to use that stuff, get your own connection !!

Closed..

Murray
Closed Topic