Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old August 7th, 2004, 10:31 PM

Question Firewall Issue

Hi folks,

I could sure use your help and I think this is a simple question to answer, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I recently installed some firewall software. As you probably already know, the software asks me whether I want to allow or block certain applications from running. I have this one deal that I've blocked , but it attempts all the time and I wonder if I should allow it. Could someone please tell me what this is and should I allow it??? I know one thing, it attempts to access all the time. I've noticed my computer bogging down a bit lately, I wonder if me not allowing this not to run has something to do with my browsing experience.

It says it's a Auto Run Application. The file name is
C:\HP Internet\Surfboard\Surfbrd.exe

Thanks in advance for your assistance