Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old April 8th, 2007, 07:29 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Router not able to connect to internet!!

Ok, linksys wireless-b router-befw11s4 v.4 and Westell 6100 E90-610015-06 DSL modem provided by Verizon/MSN ISP..the makes and models of what im trying to get to work together!! When just the modem is connected, internet works great. The router i've had a few years but no previous problems..at the end of installation process for the router i get "Router not able to connect to internet...blah blah reset modem blah blah" so i did, and nothing. All lights are on even though the installation process never finishes, but nothing internet related loads. And, my laptop picks up the router signal a 100%, but same thing there..internet never loads. Contacted verizon tech support and he sent me through changing VCI bridge setting and DHCP setting for the modem...nothing. It was supposed to set up the modem for router configuration or somethin. So, if someone is able too..PLEASE HELP!!
Old April 8th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome

Can you connect to the router config?
What is in the WAN setting? Is it getting an IP?
Old April 8th, 2007, 05:16 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
No, im not able to get to the router config through its IP addres in a browser. But i can do it for the modem when just that is connected. The WAN setting for the modem is DHCP Server Discovered, PPPoE Server not present and Last VC Tested (VPI / VCI) 0 / 35 When the router is connected it is getting an ip address, foud it out through the command prompt, and i can ping when its connected..when i ping just the modem, no router connected, TTL=64 all the time..when modem and router is connected TTL=225..dont know what that means but thats the only difference. And i did notice when i type ipconfig/all..my IP Routing Enabled says No..dont know if that might be a problem? Hope i gave enough and the right info, thx for responding to me.
Old April 8th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Does your router have a config? Most do.
If it does and you cannot access it then that is your first problem.

You may want to reset the router and set your network connection to use automatic settings.
Then try accessing the router.