Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old April 19th, 2005, 03:23 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Media player default

Windows XP Pro. 80gb hardrive 1994 mhz RAM – 1.1mb broadand Samsung cdrw/dvd sm – 352b - NEC DVD RW - Nero 6 ultra ed. + upgrades
Avast! Firewall. Spybot. Adaware. Cwshreddeer. Hijackthis. Regcleaner

Hi all,
I am having probs with my media player. I have 3 players installed - BS, REal and Windows latest version - and my music loads with Windows but my videos load up with BS which has gone beserk and doesnt work and real player just sits there all smugly doing nothing.
Every time I try to uninstall one of them I get the message saying that some or all of my progs wont run with it uninstalled or that it is being used by other progs and wont uninstall.
I can't ( don't know how ) just make 1 player a default that will run them all.
Just thought about it a bit more and realised that I also have Roxio Easy media creator and Nero and Winavi which also have have players so that adds to the tally but I use those progs.
I don't really know where I am going with this but it all seems to be confused and nothing seems to work properly and I feel like putting my foot through the damned computer!
Any help would be appreciated - it will save a life; mine or the comps - so be generous!