Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old September 4th, 2007, 02:49 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Halo - Friend Can't Connect To My Game But I Can Connect To His

My friend & I both have the Halo trial installed on our PC's & use it to play multiplayer againt each other. There is an option to connect to a game via direct IP which is what I normally do to connect to a game my friend set up.

The thing is, it's extremely laggy for me but not for my friend as he lives in Canada & I live in the UK. We decided to try letting him connect to a game that I set up instead of me connecting to him. Well apparently he tries connecting to my game via Direct IP and it just times out/fails.

I thought that this may be due to my firewall so I turned it off & he tried again but he still experienced the same problem.

It's weird that I can connect to his game but he can't connect to mine. Is there any way of resolving this problem?

Thanks.
Old September 4th, 2007, 03:14 AM

Do you have a router?
Old September 4th, 2007, 03:15 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Yes my modem is connected to a router.
Old September 5th, 2007, 07:08 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Use your router configuration to forward port 2302 (UDP) to your computer's LAN IP address. If your PC gets assigned a dynamic LAN IP address, use your router config to give it a static IP first.