Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:02 AM

How much HD space I could I expect to use by adding another account to my pc

Hi, I am using windows xp if that should make any difference.
Thanks
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:31 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Very little initially, but as more files are saved to that account, obviously the more space is used.

Oh, and adding another account will usually slow down Windows startup time. Considerably so on low-end machines with average or below average specs.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:42 AM

Hi, basically I'm looking to gain some now much needed HD space. I once opened a separate account for my wife so we didn't have to share the bookmakers ect. But as the years gone by she never really uses her account & don't really do anything to alter or disarray my stuff since she rarely uses this PC now. So with no pictures ect & stuff like that saved on her account side I was wondering what I could gain by eliminating it completely. So basically I am looking to find out if it is even worth doing so. Will I gain a few gigs, like 3 or 5 or next to nothing. Also is there any chance to corrupt things like Itunes & Ipod software that was shared but different stuff stored on each. Basically she started the Ipod & itunes library & it has little showing up there with the real library ect now being on my account.
Hope that all makes sense.
Thanks
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:30 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Not much at all. I have e-mailed you a long message that was sent to my father on how to save HD space... some stuff may have been about specific program on his computer, the rest applies to everyone on XP.