Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old April 11th, 2008, 03:02 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Internet Security Suite

my 1 year subscription for Norton IS 2007 has just expired and i need to renew. I was tossing up between NIS 2008 and Norton 360. I am quite happy with norton and i dont find that it slows down my computer that much so i am willing to stick with them. Does anyone have any recommendations or even any other products that work well. The only criteria is that the product has to be available in retail stores in Australia.
Your opinions and advice would be appreciated.
Old April 11th, 2008, 03:44 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
If you have wireless, stick with nis2008. The last I checked, nortons 360 does not protect wireless. I am happy with nortons also. A lot of those who dont like nortons either never used it or based their info on old data.

One other security package I like is Trend Micros Internet Security. I used it for 3 years until recently because Nortons was completely rewritten and want to try it again.
Old April 11th, 2008, 04:04 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Thanks for your reply Dan. Im happy with norton so i think i will definitely stick with them. NIS 2008 should definitely do the trick.
Old April 12th, 2008, 12:16 AM

Hi from Norton

Hello,

I'm George from Norton and I'm glad to see you both enjoy the products. If you have questions in the future about our products, please feel free to contact me at my personal email at address removed by moderator[dot]com.
Old April 12th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Thank you for the offer Geohen, but this is not a Symantec forum - the idea behind a forum such as this is that questions and answers are here in public view, so that others may learn as well as the original person with the issue. You are more than welcome to help with any questions here at CyberTechHelp, as we can all learn from one another.