Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old April 26th, 2007, 01:03 AM

Trouble Playing WoW

Ok. So I have had WoW since about... February and I've played it. It worked perfectly at my dad's house, but when I go to my mom's house it won't allow me to connect. I get, "Unable to connect"

Now after that it has a help menu so I click it and it brings up a few things that sort of catch my interest... one says to do a tracert on WoW, which I've done and there is indeed something wrong because there's asteriks everywhere, but I don't know what to make of it...

Another is telling me to make sure ports, "3724, 8086, 8087, 9081, 9090, 9097, and 9100" are open or active, but I have no idea how to check this or enable them.

Recently I posted my problem in the WoW tech forums and got no real help, but you can check out what everyone says. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1
I am rawrnstuff. Another source is telling me to set up a static IP adress so I can enable these ports. http://www.portforward.com/english/r...f_Warcraft.htm
But alas I come to yet ANOTHER problem... When I go to the 192.168.0.1 website it asks for a username and password (which my parents stupidly changed for "security") and forgot it.

So I'm thinking these are my options:

1. Find a way to recover the username and password
2. Reset my modem so the user name and pass go back to default
3. You guys give me a way that has nothing to do with going to the modem's setting website.