Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old June 22nd, 2024, 02:37 AM

Transfer Windows Ownership to someone else?

I recently wiped my desktop and reinstalled windows and have it to my nephew for Christmas. I built the computer with a digital copy of windows 10 a while ago. When I reinstalled it I had it install Windows from my email address that it was registered to. I have the account setup in Microsoft Authenticator and now anytime my nephew does just about anything I get the authentication request and an email. Is there anyway I can transfer it to him so he can have autonomy over his actions and purchases and I don’t have to authenticate anything?

Sorry for the brevity, I wrote this on my phone .
Old June 23rd, 2024, 02:04 PM

Just have your nephew create his own Microsoft account on the computer and switch the current account to a local one instead of yours. That should stop the authentication requests coming to your phone.
Old June 29th, 2024, 07:58 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
On the device you want to trust, go to the Security settings page and sign in to your Microsoft account.

You'll be prompted to enter a security code. Choose whether to receive the code through email, text, or an authenticator app. Once you have the code, enter it in the text box.

Select the I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. check box, and then tap or click Submit.