Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old December 9th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Banned

Recover a replaced word document

I had written my course paper in word and had name it research paper and saved it in a folder named manoj. Later from my fump drive i tried to copy a file which was also named research paper and tried to save it in the same folder manoj. windows asked me if i wanted to replace the file and accidently i said yes. now I can’t find my research paper. please help me out here
Old December 9th, 2015, 09:28 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
You have overwritten your paper with the other version. Unless you made a backup of this file, you will not be able to restore the previous version.
What program are you using for your Paper? If Using Microsoft Word, if you go to the Word icon on your most recently used programs off the start button and right click it, it will have a drop down arrow with the most recent versions of documents, or if Word is started, you can right click it on the Taskbar. Also when clicking on Word and choosing Open, you will see a list of the most recent documents. You might find it there, but I doubt it since the original was overwritten.
Old December 9th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
Same Spam-Bait from 2007.
Closed Topic