Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 23rd, 2013, 08:45 PM

Crash Dump?

Hi,
Now whenever i walk away if just for 20 min, my screen is black, all the lights are on and i have to turn it off then it comes back with a blue screen talking about a crash dump. I am on chrome. Vista Home.

Can you help me, I am pretty good at following instructions and doing logs.

thanks
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Welcome to CTH

Appears the computer is going to sleep/hibernation and not waking up. As long as it is running it's OK, only happens like you describe?

Several things can cause this, the first thing I would check is the Graphics Driver, generally can cause your symptoms.

Right click on "My Computer" then to "Properties", Hardware> Device Manager

Find the entry for Graphics expand it, right click on the entry and update driver. What happens, also list your graphics card entry.

If you have a screen saver, disable it and see if that helps.
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:55 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Crash Dump?
Hi,
Now whenever i walk away if just for 20 min, my screen is black, all the lights are on and i have to turn it off then it comes back with a blue screen talking about a crash dump. I am on chrome. Vista Home.

Noelia1218

your Crash Dump Issue solved???