Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old March 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Problem copying files to a CD

When I wish to copy files from the hard drive to a CD and I highlight the several files I want to copy, Windows automatically makes copies of these files in the same folder. I have had this problem with Windows 7 and also XP.
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM

Insert a blank CD into your drive. Go to Computer and open the CD drive. Find the files you want to copy and click and drag them to the CD window. When you are done look for a button that says something like "Burn files to disc" and that should work. If this is what you are doing let us know a little more info on what the problem is i.e. files show up there but never copying, cannot get the files to show up there, etc...
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM

Problem coping files in Windows

If I highlight many files on a hard drive that I want to copy to a disk, for example 30 or 40, Windows automatically adds those files to the same folder. For example, if file xxx.yyy is highlighted then the copy is xxx.yyy (copy 1). If I just want to copy 3 or 4 files then this does not happen. As I said previously, this occurs not only with Windows 7 but also with XP.