Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old February 20th, 2011, 06:25 AM

Need Advanced Help/Installation Problem in win7

I recently purchased a X-Fi Titanium HD soundcard and installed Windows 7 in order to run the card. I am having serious install issues with the drivers and have no idea what is causing the problem. I've tried testing the drivers in safe mode and regular start up.

I get an installshield error everytime I run setup.

The error says this

"Setup has experienced an error."

"Please do the following:
-Close any running programs
-Empty your temporary folder
-Check your Internet connection (Internet-based Setups)

Then try to run the Setup again.

Error code: 6003"

I just installed Windows 7 and I have very programs opened. I've cleared my temp folder and closed everything imaginably possible to no avail. I have even tried downloading the drivers online rather than the cd and still the same thing. I tried another random creative driver to see if it would work and It did not.I've only had this error with creative.

I have installed several other programs flawlessly. This has been a very upsetting ordeal. I went through the headache of having to install a whole new operating system just to run a $170 soundcard and I come to find I can't even install the drivers to run it.

I am hoping to find someone who can help here. I will be posting on every forum I can find trying to get help. I've spent the last two days ALL day trying to find a solution and have came up with very little.. and considering I'm decently computer savvy this is very frustrating. I truly do appreciate ALL and any help I may get here. Thank you all.
Old February 20th, 2011, 05:13 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Close all open applications and turn off (disable) any Terminate and Stay Resident (TSR) programs that may be running in the background on your computer.

This includes screen savers, anti-virus protection and any other program that starts when Windows loads and stay resident in memory. (For example: HP Agent, BackWeb, KODAK Software Updater and Logitech Mouse.)
Old February 28th, 2011, 06:10 AM

Have you updated windows, as the windows installer update can fix most of those problems, please try that and let me know