Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old November 22nd, 2009, 06:40 PM

Error Code 1073741819

Hello,

I have searched to forums for this issue and none of the recommend fixes work. Here is my problem:

I am running Windows Vista 32bit on a Gateway Laptop Model SA6. When I start the laptop everything loads fine and as the icons populate the screen I get the following message: "Microsoft Mobile PC Presentation Adaptability Client has stopped working". I click the close program button and a window opens (Problem Reports and Solutions) that tells me that my computer may be missing important updates and how to check for updates.

I open up the Windows Update page and check for update. It gives me a list of current updates that need to be installed. I click install updates and get the following message: Some Updates were not installed. Error Found: Code C0000005. There is a link to get help with this error and it just takes me to a troubleshooting screen that is no help.

So I decide I am going to run Malwarebytes Anit-Malware program. I double click the icon and get a permission box that says "A program needs your permission to continue. I click continue and get the following: C:/Program Files\Malwarebytes Anit-Malware\mbam.exe File System error (-1073741819). I click ok and the box closes.

I did a search for the error code and was informed that it is a sasser worm. I found a fix from symantic that I could download and run but when I go to run the fix it says that I do not have administrator rights to run the tool. Contact my administrator. I check and I do have administrator abilities.

If I try to access any thing like MSCONFIG the User Control feature etc. I get a message that says Consent UI for administrative applications stopped working and was closed. If I try to listen to anything, be it songs on my laptop or a youtube video I get a another message that says "Volume Control stopped working"

I can browse the internet without really any problems but other then that I can't do a dang thing with my laptop and every solution I came across for the Sasser worm fix would not work due to the error notifications listed above.

Anyone have any ideas or clues. I am at a loss and don't really want to wipe the entire hard drive just yet.

Oh yeah, if I try to run system restore I also get the Consent UI error message.

Thanks for your time and help.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:40 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi SPJammer and welcome. It might be useful to see some logs of what is running on your computer. Go here and download DDS to your Desktop (if you use Firefox, rightclick and choose "Save Link As") and doubleclick on DDS.pif to run it. When the scan has finished, two logs will open. Copy and paste both reports in this topic. The logs will be reasonably large so you may have to divide them into sections and make several posts to post them.
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:59 PM

Sorry for the delay in the reply. With the holiday season just got a bit busy. I did what you said and tried to run the DDS.pif file and I keep getting the following error message:

C:\Users\Izzy\Desktop\dds.pif File system error (-1073741819).

When I hit the OK button I get a Problem Reports and Solutions window that pops up telling me how to check for updates for windows which as you can see in my first post doesn't work either.
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:10 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Ok, we will try another utility.

Go here and download OTL.exe to your Desktop and doubleclick on it to open it. Scroll down to Extra Registry and click on "Use Safelist" Next click on "Run Scan" When the scan has finished, two logs will open. Copy and paste both reports in this topic. The logs will be reasonably large so you may have to divide them into sections and make several posts to post them.