Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM

Sleep/Start Problem

I just got a new computer with Vista installed. Well it went to sleep, I couldn't wake, tried moving mousing, pressing a key, press power button, but it did not work. So I held power button for 5 secs till it powered down. Then turned on. First screen gave options "Press Del to run setup, Press Tab to see BIOS POST message" It stayed on this page for 10 min, (I decided to get my laptop out at this time) then the screen switched to Press F8 for BBS POPUP, shows devices detected, ect.....
Please enter Setup to recover BIOS setting
Press F1 to Run SETUP
Press F2 to load default values and continue.

It's been sitting on this screen for what seems like forever now. I have never had this problem with any of my computers before, so what should I do?
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Have you tried pressing any of the keys indicated, for example, the F2 key to see if it will go on to boot up?
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:59 PM

I was afraid to touch anything, but yes the F2 key worked. For now I will set it so that the computer does not go to sleep again.