Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 22nd, 2008, 10:15 PM

A runtime error appears whenever I start my computer, can i stop it?

Every time i start my computer up and go onto my desktop, when everything has loaded up it comes up with a message stating that 'A runtime error has occured'
And then goes on to say:

Line:1
Error:'a' is null or not an object

This happens just on my desktop, not on internet explorer or any specific software.

It asks me if i want to debug and if i click 'yes' then nothing happens. It just says something about the fact that it cannot debugged and gives me an exception code of 00413E6C :S. If that means anything.

Please help me if anyone understands this or has any suggestions.

Thanks.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi ryanthesecond. Download Deckard's System Scanner (dss.exe) from here to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.

Make sure dss.exe is on your desktop and open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click on the Start button and type cmd.exe in the Start Search box. Rightclick on it and choose "Run as Administrator". Copy and paste the below string after the prompt>.

"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /config

When the DSS Configuration display opens click the "Check All" button. Uncheck "Temp Cleanup" and then click the "Scan!" button to start the scan.

Once the scan has completed a textbox will appear - copy/paste those contents back here (main.txt). Also a the second text file, extra.txt, will show as minimized in your Task Bar. Maximize/Open this, and copy/paste those contents back here along with the main.txt please. (The logs can also be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder). You may find that the maximum characters allowed is exceeded when you post. If so, halve the logs and make several posts.