Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old May 12th, 2005, 06:40 PM

Need help Fishin reel

I was trying to tie a knot on my fishin reel I had to restring it, and after an hour I can't figure out how to knot it. I'm looking for a fishin line diagram on the atm, but, all aren't what I'm askin.
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Are you adding line to backing? I use a blood-knot to join the lines (even different pound test).

[Edit with handy-dandy link]
Old May 13th, 2005, 04:35 PM

O/S: Windows 98 SE
Why are there Braille signs on drive-up ATM's?
Maybe you are not fingering the bumps correctly for correct info you need.
Now that's out of the way, are you trying to knot the very beginning of the string to the reel?
Yes, try Arbor Knot
Old May 13th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Wow, that's fancy! I usually use a simple overhand knot to start the spool off with cheap line, fill it about halfway. Then I join some good line to that, fill it the rest of the way.
I've never had a fish run out more than half the spool - and even that's only happened once or twice.
Old May 13th, 2005, 06:50 PM

O/S: Windows 98 SE
Quote:
I've never had a fish run out more than half the spool
I have from just plain laziness. The line pops a few times on some fast action
here in the Gulf and next thing you know, a big one zips off the remaining line. I start putting the drag on so fast and hard but most time to no avail. Sounds like a 22 cal bullet going off. When I'm done fishing, first thing on my mind is replace line but it's the furthest thing from my mind when I get home even after washing all the salt off my equipment. Off again another day and, crapola, forgot to replace line.
It's all good. A bad day fishing is better than a whole good month of working.
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:53 PM

Thanks guys for the sites and info, I'll be using them in the future when me an my dad go buy up some more fishin gear.

As for my fishing reel, I was just putting spiderwire on it, I had that rod for bout 3 years so it ran out by now. After 30 more mins of trying I got it, LOL was hilarious. I didn't have a clue how I knotted it but, I did and it worked fine.

Now, I'm looking for some lure knots, so far all I know is the one my dad taught me but, there's still room for another knot to know!
Old May 14th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Senior T-Dog

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
how u doin

i use to hunt and tag mako sharks off the n jersey coast and that was the only time i use the special knots
for fresh h2o i used a double-loop slip knot(rabbit knot) for everything cant recall losing a hook or lure at the knot,my rod was a 3ft tip and a broom handle w/a 714 ultralight penn reel.not pretty but worked
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:26 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercades

Now, I'm looking for some lure knots, so far all I know is the one my dad taught me but, there's still room for another knot to know!
I normally use a spider hitch for quick chaning of lures, espescially if using spiderwire that or an ordinary drop loop.