Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old March 30th, 2005, 03:07 AM

Computer Won't recognize extra drive

Hi!

Hoping someone out there is smarter then me and can figure this out otherwise I might just buy a new computer! About a year ago I received an extra hard drive for my computer. Since then it has worked fine, no problems at all till recently. I noticed while burning DVD's the software would just shut down all of the sudden and show that the whole drive was gone. It would work again if I restarted the computer. Then I woke up one morning and my main drive was gone. Everything was erased, I still don't know what happened but everything on my extra drive was still there and fine. After I reinstalled windows and had everything up and running again the extra drive started acting up. I don't know if it is normal or not but it was drive G and relabeled itself drive D. If I turned off the computer it would not show drive D until I restarted it once or twice. Then I went away for a week and when I came back was burning a DVD and drive D shut down again and that it the last I have seen of it. I looked at the connections and they all look ok, granted I'm not really sure what I am looking at, but everything looked plugged in. I have restarted the computer many times but it never registers the extra drive. I don't know what else to do, anyone out there who can explain this in dummy talk? Thanks!
Old March 31st, 2005, 01:38 AM

up into the limelight

bump

this looks bad, you need this bump.