Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old February 28th, 2007, 02:20 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Paintball

Hello it is I jorge, so just curious any of you ever played paintball before?
Old February 28th, 2007, 06:59 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
I play at least 2-3 times a month. It is awesome.
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:42 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
I love both paintball and quasar. Even went as far as buying my own PB gun once.

Me next door neighbour is a leding light in the UK movement, and has some phenomenal hardware. He occasionaly lets me borrow some of his older guns. Rapid fire, force feed hoppers etc.

I'm lucky, I have two excellent paintball venues 20 mins from my house.
Old March 1st, 2007, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurfen View Post
I'm lucky, I have two excellent paintball venues 20 mins from my house.
Very. The nearest one to me is a fair way.
The next one after that is on the Vic/NSW border.

Last edited by oracle128; March 1st, 2007 at 04:01 AM.
Old March 1st, 2007, 02:15 PM

Very nice, im considering opening a paintball field here in VA there are 2 fields I know of near here and one field doesnt do it for a business. The other is painted forest and they just clear cut a lot of there fields they have like 2 or 3 of there original fields still standing, they put all the bunkers in the speedball course, the rumor is that they are making a civil war scenario there and the other scenario is someone bought the land for wood. :-/ I am starting to wonder if this is somewhat of a foreshadow to the end of painted forest. even painted forest is about 30 minutes from where I live. It cost about 50 to play for the day that gets you all day air and a case of paint so its not too bad but for the average joe it limits how many times they can go out a month. Not to mention you get the ones who can go very often and like to put down new players makes a stressfull atmosphere very unpleasent, they also have higher end guns 3 out of the 5 have angels, still doesnt stop me from getting them out in woodsball and every now and then I get them out in speedsball. Like my tippman custom pro cause of its durability.
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Some people say paintball is more fun from a moving car.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
Some people say paintball is more fun from a moving car.
Drive-by paintballing? Only in America!
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle128 View Post
Drive-by paintballing? Only in America!
and lower parts of mexico
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
better than that, is camper van jousting. Get a latge field, two VW combie vans, a large selection of tinned produce (baked beans and chopped tomatoes are two of the best).

Park at opposing ends of the fields with side door and all windows open, fill vans with friends - approach each other in first gear.

as you pass each other, fire off your broadside.

*Professionals were used last time I did this, apart from me and Hamesy, the other driver - we had been training on Gaymers No. 7 cider all afternoon. Only 3 tents were damaged in the event, as well as Sian getting a mild grass burn when she fell out as I turned for the second pass.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
CTH Subscriber

I love paintball but I get a bit serious and shout "cover me!" and things like that. I also don't take prisoners.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:39 AM

ive only played lazer challenge, dont know erher paint ball is available
Old March 3rd, 2007, 01:01 AM
Rampant Rabbit

I've never painted my balls.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggross View Post
Very nice, im considering opening a paintball field here in VA there are 2 fields I know of near here and one field doesnt do it for a business. The other is painted forest and they just clear cut a lot of there fields they have like 2 or 3 of there original fields still standing, they put all the bunkers in the speedball course, the rumor is that they are making a civil war scenario there and the other scenario is someone bought the land for wood. :-/ I am starting to wonder if this is somewhat of a foreshadow to the end of painted forest. even painted forest is about 30 minutes from where I live. It cost about 50 to play for the day that gets you all day air and a case of paint so its not too bad but for the average joe it limits how many times they can go out a month. Not to mention you get the ones who can go very often and like to put down new players makes a stressfull atmosphere very unpleasent, they also have higher end guns 3 out of the 5 have angels, still doesnt stop me from getting them out in woodsball and every now and then I get them out in speedsball. Like my tippman custom pro cause of its durability.
I deffenetly know what your saying with the stressful atmosphere. When I started about 5 years ago I got the whole noob thing. Now that I'm playing the highest division in Canada they seem to have stopped.. figures.

If your thinking of opening a paintball field just make sure you open it to both styles of play that being bushball and tourney ball. Making the tourney players happy should be your number one concern, there usually jerks and they spend the most money. You'll probably need about 6 grand capital.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHiNgY1788 View Post
ive only played lazer challenge, dont know erher paint ball is available
http://www.ministryofpaintball.com/index.php?tpage=aus
Old March 4th, 2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nny View Post
I deffenetly know what your saying with the stressful atmosphere. When I started about 5 years ago I got the whole noob thing. Now that I'm playing the highest division in Canada they seem to have stopped.. figures.

If your thinking of opening a paintball field just make sure you open it to both styles of play that being bushball and tourney ball. Making the tourney players happy should be your number one concern, there usually jerks and they spend the most money. You'll probably need about 6 grand capital.
indeed but I figure ill run specials for the tourny players such as giving them a card and after they buy something like 5 cases of paint they get one free after 15 they get two cases free after 30 they get 5 free.

I plan on setting up a card like that for woodsballers but not on such a scale, something more like after they buy 5 cases of paint they get 1000 count free 10 cases they get a case free 15 cases they get 2 cases etc.