Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:03 PM

"Found New Hardware" help {moved by PL from HW}

Yesterday, my computer restarted on its own. Everything seemed fine afterwards. I turned it on today and the "Found New Hardware Wizard" pops up everytime I turn on my computer. It seems to be trying to install Nvidia nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller(v2.6) but can't find this disk.

I've always had the Nvidia controller installed for the two I've had this computer so I don't understand why its saying its new hardware.

I also noticed that I can't get my ATI Catalyst Control Centre to open. It says that it has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Any help to fix this is appreciated.

windows xp
Desktop
custom builts
2gigs of memory
Motherboard is ASUS K8N
video card - ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 SERIES
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:06 PM
CTH Subscriber

This is more of an xp problem rather than hardware. So, I'm going to move you thread to our XP forum.