Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old February 14th, 2008, 12:31 AM

Website design in Photoshop.

What would the best way be, for going about this?

I mean, I want to use as few graphics as possible, and reuse as many as possible. Is there any way I can slice my graphic so it reuses already existing graphics?

EG; I have a pattern, but at the moment, it's 3 seperate graphics; but all of the graphics are more or less the same thing.

This is my first time editing a website in Photoshop, so any help would be appreciated.
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:50 PM

I'm not exactly sure of what you're attempting to accomplish. You already have this/these graphics sliced. If what you want to do is link them together as one graphic you could try this;
1. choose the slice selection tool (O - the knife tool).
2. click a slice, then shift-click one or more additional slices (or graphics).
3. right click/ctrl-click and choose LINK SLICE for optimization. Or...
Slices> Link slices for optimization. The linked slices will now be assigned a link iconwith a unique group color, which will appear next to the linked slices labels in the image and on the web content palette.
(Tip) To add a slice to a group of already linked slices, select the slice you want to add, plus one of the slices already in the group, then choose Slices>Link Slices for optimization.
NOTE: This is information I've used in the past. It is selected from one of the Visual Quickstart Guides - PhotoShop for Windows and Mac's by Elaine Weinmann & Peter Lourekas - Copyrighted 2004.
I use books like this and other as references whenever I get stuck and its works for me.
Try this and see if it solves your problem. Let me know?
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM

pick up a book on css theres a tutorial on good-tutorial on how to make a website
heres one of them
http://www.partdigital.com/tutorials/convert-web/
or google psd to html
Old March 14th, 2008, 03:44 AM

Ive used both the "pre-coded photoshop slicing site" and a "self coded site with images" and ive always found the latter is better. Gives you more experience and whatnot. I'd suggest you make your main images (header, bg etc.) brush up on some css so you can make your images repeat or whatever, and do it that way.