Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old January 16th, 2008, 04:59 AM

LINKSYS wireless router will not connect to Internet

I have a Scientific Atlantic cable modem from Comcast connected to a Linksys wireless router. A few days ago everything was working fine, now I cannot get the wireless router to connect to the internet. I can plug the ethernet cable from the modem to the computer and connect fine. Plug it back into the the router and I can see it, connect to it, but I get a "Local" connection instead of "Local and Internet" connection. It was working fine on Saturday, don't know what changed.

HELP?
Old January 16th, 2008, 06:43 AM

Problem fixed - reconfigured the modem. Linksys has a great live chat tech support.
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:57 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Nice one, and thanks for posting back.

Any chance of the URL for that livechat? or is there some convoluted registration process?
Old January 18th, 2008, 03:48 AM

They make it pretty simple, and they get to you real quick as well. I was 16th in line at first, but I was chatting with support in less than five minutes.

http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/live_request.php?lid=4965377881L07"%20target="new
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:34 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
That's pretty impressive in this day and age of our usual "Less than glorious customer experience" that we normally get on the phones these days. Got to be honest, their parent company is usually pretty damn hot on the phone, but I'm biased regards to those folks

Thanks for that top link.