Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Global Dimming vs. Global Warming

There has been a lot of discussions on topic of Global Warming and its related matters. Green house gas emissions, disruption of the thermohaline cycle, sea level rising etc... Little has been said about Global Dimming. Already some climatologist are attributing this catastrophic phenomenon to modern day drought and famine. Essentially, Global Dimming is the effect of sunlight being interrupted but the visible pollutants in the atmosphere; this results in a cooling effect. As we take strides to reduce visible air pollutants, the Global Warming effect flourishes. The models I have seen regarding the effects of Global warming never took Global Dimming into account. It's scary if you think about the repercussions. Check out this video its absolutely astounding video from BBC: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20879762623193
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Dw i ddim yn hoffi eira

O/S: Windows XP Pro
That was really interesting stuff. A little on the long side but then again I couldn't find anything to do at the office as it's poets day
Old July 27th, 2007, 09:36 PM

Haha! I imagined I anyone who would take the time to look at the clip it would do it after work! Besides 50 mins to expand your mind and inspire debate is an investment. Anyone here actually studied or have other knowledge regarding this phenomenon?
Old July 28th, 2007, 08:59 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
I fully believe in Global Dimming. The people of Earth are getting dimmer every day.
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:42 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
I think the correct term is global "dumming" (delliburate miss spelin to emfarsise the poynt). I dunno whats causing it, but the weather has changed drastically in my 40-odd years of keen observation.