Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:09 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Exclamation Vista 64bit won't load reliably

Hello Everyone,

My hardware is listed in my profile if you wish to see it. Basically I looking for some advice to this problem I'm having.

I use Vista 64bit and after I shut my PC off, when I go to turn it back on, I get the message windows shut down incorrectly last time, how to I wish to proceed, etc. I select Start Windows NORMALLY.

All appears to be ok, the progress bar shows up and has the green thing moving back and forth to indicate Windows is indeed loading, HOWEVER, the green indicator STOPS, and nothing happens indefinately.

My only way to solve this issue is to powerdown my PC by holding the power button down, and after it is completely off, i have to REMOVE THE POWER cord to the Power Supply unit.

I know this method is very odd, but that's what I have to do to get it to boot up successfully after I plug the power back in, turn it on, and select start windows normally, it'll only work if I do the removal of the power cord to the PSU first.

Any ideas as to Why this is happening? How can I isolate the issue?

Thanks in advance!