Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old September 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM

Trying to trump Donald Trump!

Laugh if you will, but I've always enjoyed catching Donald Trump's The Apprentice series. The candidate types and team challenges I've found interesting. Another series' aim, Celebrity Apprentice, was for winning teams to have monies donated to the winning team's Project Manager's favourite charity. These series were interesting to watch too.

Now, with another Celebrity Apprentice scheduled, Heather Mills (Paul McCartney's former wife), was considered as a candidate for the show. This lady constantly amazes me with her audacity...she wouldn't take part unless she was guaranteed a place in the finals! Needless to say, NBC pulled the plug on her, because that just ain't the way the game is played. I think she's really lost it.

What do you think? Here's the article.
Old September 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM

O/S: Windows 11
I suppose you cant blame her for trying but she really is audacious not to mention ambitious isnt she .

Well, she ONLY got £24.3 million out of her divorce when she was after all this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Mills stated that she needed approximately £360,000 for personal security, £175,000 for her daughter’s security, £176,000 a year for clothes, and the ownership of four homes: one in Beverly Hills, one on Long Island and two in England with a combined value of £5,700,000 as well as £8 million (up to £12,500,000) to buy a home in London, £3 million to buy a home in New York, and £750,000 to buy an office in Brighton, England, for Mills’ sister. She also asked for £1 million for legal expenses, £650,500 a year for donations to charities, £650,400 a year to run seven properties with staff, £500,000 a year for holidays, £186,000 a year for chartered helicopters, £43,300 a year for a chauffeur, £20,000 a year for a caregiver, and £191,150 a year for "professional expenses". Mills unexpectedly asked for £40,000 a year for wine (although she rarely drinks alcohol) and £30,000 a year for equestrian activities, but Justice Bennett had to remind her that she did not ride horses anymore.
I think it would be interesting to see how Alan Sugar would deal with her (and vice versa) in our version of The Apprentice. I cant imagine she'd last 5 minutes with him
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurestLight (extracts from post) View Post
...she really is audacious not to mention ambitious isn't she ...

...Well, she ONLY got £24.3 million out of her divorce...

...I think it would be interesting to see how Alan Sugar would deal with her (and vice versa) in our version of The Apprentice...
I grudgingly admired her for representing herself in court against Sir McCartney, because she didn't do too badly in spite of the saying, "Any man who represents himself in court, has a fool for a client." Bet she kicked herself after though, for not having legal representation. (Just loved the "gag order" she ended up with)

Her greed overlooks the simple legal logic of contractual requirements for such shows. Don't know of your Alan Sugar, but I imagine he's just as tough as Trump.

Last edited by legalsuit; September 13th, 2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM

Oh, my link isnt linking tut

UK Apprentice

Alan Sugar (He's the AMSTRAD man)

I hope these work
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurestLight View Post
Oh, my link isnt linking tut

UK Apprentice

Alan Sugar (He's the AMSTRAD man)

I hope these work
Yep! Gottem, thanks! He sounds impressive. Reckon he has the same business acumen and integrity as Trump and I'll bet just as tough.
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Sorry to be off topic here, but why is it that you quote the previous post every time? I mean, so far this post thread is just between two of you, it's not like several others are replying.

Picture this, you and Julie are sat in a cafe/bar/whatever together chatting, and Julie says something to you, before replying to her, would you repeat the whole thing she says?
Old September 14th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Have a drink Dave
Old September 14th, 2008, 03:41 AM

@ lufbra...point taken. However, my use of "(extracts from post)" and "..." on quotes, pinpoints parts I was specificaally responding to.

If we were in a cafe chatting, it would be logical for me to pick what points to talk on

But then, different folks, different strokes...I'm accustomed to being specific rather than broad when responding.
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:06 PM

Sir Alan Sugar's "Apprentice"...

Sir Alan Sugar's "The Apprentice" televising in our corner of the world.

When comparing Sugar to Trump, I've found him quite abrasive and belligerent. Personally, I've always considered leadership roles to lead by example and to display respect for the individual while remaining firm and assertive in conveying wishes. Perhaps I caught him acting frustrated with staff that were failing miserably(?!) and not up to expected standard.

One project manager I spotted is totally hopeless in understanding objectives and with his communications to team members. Reckon he'll fail miserably, unless his team successfully carries the load.

Yep...already sucked in to watching this "Apprentice"...guess I just can't help myself
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Here he is being interviewed by Jonathon Ross. He's a sweetie underneath it all

AlanSugar On Jonathon Ross
Old September 17th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Hmmm...Sir Alan Sugar a sweetie underneath it all...With all due respect, I find it difficult to believe there is any sweetness in this chap ironically called "Sugar". Excellence can be achieved from subordinates without being abrasive, (which I find is a negative quality).
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM

The vid was to illustrate that he's not all bad, that he has a sense of humour which is clearly lacking in his TV programme. Despite his abrasive manner, people are still seemingly keen to get his approval and want to work for him.
Guess I just think everyones nice really
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:38 PM

Aye, that he did show as 'avin a hearty side to 'im...he'd fit nicely wi' me pirate gang today! Arrrr!