Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:51 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
update problems??

It seems that I have an adobe flash..outdated....I also have macromedia 6,and 8..both outdated.I managed to update my reader,but I'm afraid to tackle this.There's also a new quicktime which I must get.My ? is..do I have to uninstall all of these things and then do the lastest install,or can I do the new one and it will automatically set itself??

One other ? please....what is the difference between adobe flash and macromedia flash..and do I need both???

Thanks for all I have learned in here so far.....it's a wonderful site!
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:05 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Quote:
do I have to uninstall all of these things and then do the lastest install,or can I do the new one and it will automatically set itself??
No, you can just install the new one over the top, this is true of most any application unless it specifically states otherwise.
Quote:
One other ? please....what is the difference between adobe flash and macromedia flash..and do I need both???
Nothing, they are the same product. Flash was created by Macromedia, but Adobe bought out Macromedia, so now it's called Adobe Flash. Some people still call it Macromedia Flash, but it's the same thing. Others use the portmanteau "Macrodobe", but again it's the same physical product.
Old January 4th, 2007, 01:14 PM

Thanks..

Thanks again for the help........I thought both macro &adobe were the same,but others told me differently......guess I can tell them now.I shall try to get the new one............... if,I can..
Old January 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM

success...........?

Well,it seems I now have the updated adobe player,but there are still things showing in the c/windows/system32/macromed/flash..from the old 6 and 8.....can I simply delete these?I can't see anything else from these older versions..........
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:41 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Keep them.