Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:18 PM

vista won't boot to windows after sp1

Well, today I felt bold and decided to give installing sp1 another try (failed twice in the past (audio drivers woudn't work so i had to system restore) so I install it this time and for some reason, after i restart the computer when it prompts me to it goes into the vista installation teal screen. It gets to about 2/3 complete and then it restarts on me. after the load screen it turns black and numbers pop up and it get's stuck at 9556/95943 (x86_microsoft-windows- blah blah blah) so i try to do a system restore and a system repair but there is only one restore point and it's not working either! (startup repair did not have an effect either) if there was any way i could boot into windows so i can use system restore from in there i could choose another restore point and fix it, but i can't even boot to windows! (sorry i am very frustrated at the moment)

tried booting in safe mode and last known good config too. get's stuck at the same screen.

I do have a vista installation cd. that's how i got to the system restore

anyways, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have a lot of important files on my computer i don't want to lose =(
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:02 PM

also

when i start it in safe mode, it get's stuck at crcdisk.sys
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:25 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
If the problem is caused by your sound card drivers, you could try disabling your sound card in the bios. Post your make and model computer if you need help with this.
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:53 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
This is not a problen; you have to back-up vista on a DVD; so that when you need to run Vista and ststore your systen just make a back-up DVD. It's a (Ghost) file and restore everthing back as it was as nothing ever was lost.