Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 1st, 2007, 03:37 AM

Question vista home basic and best buy digital music question

Thanks to all of you that helped me with the transfer and reinstalling of my old and new computer

I have win vista home basic 32 bit i think. i forget how to ck this again

my son has best buy digital music for his sansa san disk rhapsody mp3. Has anyone here with win. vista home basic, had any issues when importing cds to the library??

he was adding some more music cds to his library and when he puts the cds in the drive the box comes up where you have to pick what you are doing , like, importing cds with rhapsody etc etc.... but whats happening is, when he puts the cd in the drive, usually, before anyways, on the page you would see all the songs that are on the cd and you pick and choose what songs you want to import to your library. well a few of the cds he would put in and they show nothing on the screen except, track and unknown album etc.... so he had to manually put the name of each song in the edit cds box etc etc then hit import..... he never had to do that before. Im wondering if its due to vista or due to the cds or whatever, i dont know...out of 4 cds to import to his library, 1 when inserted to the drive, came up like it should, showing all the songs, and he could ck or unck what he wants to import. the 3 other ones had to be manually typed in, the song etc , to be imported... its like the cd drive wasnt reading those cds, but it read the other one.

I hope somebody is understanding this.......

just want to know if its best buys music issue or my cd drive reading and not reading what it wants, or its the cd itself with issues...or its vista and we are doing something wrong when it comes to that box that comes up as soon as you insert the cd. maybe we are hitting the wrong thing to import the music..

Oh well. thanks for your time and help once again

nancy