Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:15 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Adding an additional email account Windows

Have just added another email account to my Windows mail so now I have two emails from the same server with one as default.

I went through all the steps and placed all the details in correctly with a virgin assistant (not a real virgin but the broadband people) and then it came up with asking for my username and password. I never use dto have this but just downloaded my mail.

it loads my default/old email into the inbox but then it pops up with a window wanting username etc. When I placed the correct details to log into the box, it just keeps coming up again asking for it again?

Can someone please help me with this as the new email is my business.
Old June 16th, 2010, 04:12 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
SOLVED:

Under the servers tab in the new account the username needed to be the full email address and not just the first part but the @blabla.com as well.
I like it when I work things out myself
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:20 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Thanks for the response and I am glad you got it fixed.