Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old January 28th, 2010, 01:48 PM

Re: Parallels Desktop caused hardware problems?

Hi,
A friend wanted to use Parallels Desktop to run her old XP computer on her new (I'm assuming) Mac. I'm not sure about the new one being a Mac, though. Anyhow, when she connected the two using Firewire, her old PC crashed (shut down). Since then, whenever she starts it up, using the standard power button, only the fan and the front light turn on. The computer doesn't start up, and neither does the monitor, or anything else (as far as I know). The monitor just shows 'no signal input'. So I don't think it's the HD that's gone. Otherwise the computer would tell her to put in a bootable medium, or something similar. Can it be that a cable burnt through, or something else? I'm happy about any ideas. I can't look into the computer myself, but I would hand on the suggestions.
Old January 29th, 2010, 05:49 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
So from what im seeing, she took a firewire cable. and plugged 1 end into the xp PC, and the other end into the "possible mac"? via firewire. Is that correct?