Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old March 17th, 2011, 09:07 PM

Question Windows 7 stuck in Startup repair mode

All,

Please assist me in reviving a laptop for a friend. It is a Dell Inspiron 1545. It was updated to Windows 7 professional. It is stuck in Attempting repairs, it has been like this for at least 3 hours. F8, F10, or F11 works, I can't even load up in safemode. It goes directly to loading window files.

I tried to follow a previous thread. It told me to tap F10. I follow the instructions but when I got the computer to load I couldn't type in the run box. I decided to try it in safemode. I did that but when I restarted, I didn't go back into safemode. So now the computer is stuck in startup repair. Thanks.
Old March 17th, 2011, 10:16 PM

New Information - F8 works but don't give me the safemode options.