Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:18 PM

Windows 7 slow to start up

I just got a new computer (Gateway) that has windows 7 Premium. When I first turn on the computer it takes a long time to boot up, aprox 3-5 minutes. If I try to use the computer before it is done starting up it will run very slow or start locking up. The problem will even cause my internet to start locking up. If I give the computer about 4-5 minutes to boot up it seems to work fine.
i3 530 processor
6 GB DDR3
1 TB HDD
I have had this problem since I took it out of the box. Is there any way I can get a list of start-up programs that I can turn off so they will not start up. I used the list on here for my old windows xp and it worked great on my old computer. THANKS for any help....
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:49 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
you can go to msconfig and click on startup tab. You can go to http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php and search for each entry to see if it is really needed at startup or can be started later.
Old April 4th, 2010, 01:06 AM

Thanks, I will check it out
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM

Hay thanks guys, renegade600, Thanks for the link, very helpfull.. I was able to set alot of start-up services to manual, That did seemed to help. I will also look in to any programs that can be uninstalled. Problem seems to be fixed, Thanks agine...