Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:48 PM

Cool Slow or no loading of web pages

I am running a P-4, 1.60,1GRAM, 60 GHD. Win XP Pro, Firefox. I have AVG (free), Zone alarm, Spy-bot. I run a monthly check through Housecall, just to be on the safe side.
Everything is coming up clean but when I try to go to a website, either through, "bookmarks" or typing the URL, the url will show in the address bar, but it takes for ever to load and sometimes won't load at all. This is driving me nuts, (short drive). Does anyone have any idea as to what I should look for? Thanks, Bill
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Have you tried rebooting your modem? (unplug for a couple of minutes and plug back in)
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:56 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
could be your internet service provider, or your router/modem. I have the same problem and I've determined its the router. Connecting directly to modem fixes my problem.