Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old November 21st, 2008, 09:15 PM

Cool Computer boots to a blank screen "blue"

I have to communicate with this laptop since i can no longer get into my desk top.

The desktop has wp operating system.
When i boot the the "log on windows bow appears" asking for my password. After i type the password and press enter the loading settings box briefly appears and the screen goes to solid blue, "the selected color of my desktop". Has something esased all of my files and desktop icons?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:19 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Can you get into safe mode by tapping the F8 key on boot?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 03:18 AM

no! I did get it to show icons by inserting the emergencysystem restore disc after many tries. As soon as i tried to dbl click my computer the screen went blue. I then tried to get task manager to show and it did. then i clicked file/new taskrun/e:/ and it brought the desktop up. now it lets me see my computer but will not let me see my 100 gig back up exterior drive.
i think i am in the beginning of a hard disc crash. what do you think?