Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old September 1st, 2016, 02:29 AM

O/S: Linux
Methinks your are right Tom. Right now he is telling his hosts how tall the wall will be and how much he expects in payment *cough*
Old September 1st, 2016, 05:36 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
In other news, Hillary has to deal with even more email revelations. Her speech yesterday (Wednesday) just showed how much of a hypocrite she is. As bad as folks think/say Trump is, she really is no better! Neither one is fit to run a country, let alone one of the biggest country;s in the world!
Old September 1st, 2016, 07:21 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

It never ceases to amaze me at how many people believe what they're told about Trump's statement about Mexico paying for the wall instead of listening to what he actually says about it.
I've listened to him quite a bit and never heard him say that Mexico will write a check to pay for the wall.
Aside from how from negotiating better trade deals with Mexico will help pay for it (and since I don't understand those trade deals, he may be correct) but also from taxing the remittance money sent from the US (in US dollars) to families in Mexico.
The tax idea was immediately attacked by Trump opponents as "seizing private property." If that's what Democrats believe, we can all look forward to Democrats eliminating federal taxes on income, dividends, capital gains, etc., because it's "seizing private property."
No, I don't know if either will work or even possible but that's what he said, not what somebody said he said.
Old September 1st, 2016, 08:40 PM

Sadly, you guys are going to get one of the two..
I think the Brits call it "Hobson's choice"
Old September 1st, 2016, 11:21 PM

Not quite there Johno. Hobson's is "Take it or leave it." This choice is "Take it or eat it."

And now they are getting even in the polls. So 25% for Dump, 25% for the Witch, 25% for Peel, Mickey Mouse, Carmen Miranda and Sophie Tucker (and other write ins), and the other 25% seeking moving to other countries. Canada is thinking of building a wall, which, of course, they want the US to pay for.
Old September 2nd, 2016, 09:03 AM

Well Mickey Mouse is someone I used to be able to believe in...
Old September 2nd, 2016, 11:23 PM

We all did too John (quickly dials 0800 543 354, and asks for the white coat folks to pick up another wacko guy). Why not just stay where you are, and someone will come along to help.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
We all did too John (quickly dials 0800 543 354, and asks for the white coat folks to pick up another wacko guy). Why not just stay where you are, and someone will come along to help.
Gaa!! They just drove past my place and picked three Salvation army people.
What the heck is going on??? I want my bag of chicken feathers back Dave...
Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:38 PM

They were plotting against you.

So Trumpo does a pre-planned question and answer gig with an African-American Bishop, with all the questions and answers pre-planned by his staff, then does a pre-planned speech at an African American church. Why?
Old September 4th, 2016, 05:04 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
So Trumpo does a pre-planned question and answer gig with an African-American Bishop, with all the questions and answers pre-planned by his staff, then does a pre-planned speech at an African American church. Why?
Pre-planned questions? What an interesting concept, I bet no one else has ever done that before!!

Last edited by lufbra; September 4th, 2016 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Typo
Old September 4th, 2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
According to CNN, Bishop Jackson submitted his questions to Trump but did not consult with him prior to the interview, which was recorded for Jackson's cable show. I have no idea where you got the "pre-planned by his staff" part.

To answer your question, I suspect Trump was making an appeal for the African American vote. What other reason could there be?
Old September 4th, 2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Given the importance of the visit, the Trump team went so far as to script Mr. Trump’s answers to Bishop Jackson’s questions, which were submitted in advance.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/us...-excerpts.html

Had the questions in advance, and the answers. Pre-planned.

As far as why I left that open-ended, it was to generate more fun with thread responses.

Goodness - Trump eats KFC with a knife and fork. Rapport with African Americans? He doesn't have a rapport with humanity. In NZ they don't even pluck the birds. Just toss them in a fryer and start eating.
Old September 4th, 2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
In NZ they don't even pluck the birds. Just toss them in a fryer and start eating.
Tom. You misspelled "fire" hee hee....
Old September 5th, 2016, 12:34 AM

Meanwhile, Hillary is still not holding a press conference, rumored to be kept captive by fellow millionaires, forced to subsist on roast (not fried or fired) chicken, possibly accepting millions of dollars to keep her quiet.

Are the millionaires doing a favor to humanity by keeping her sequestered or are they guilty of kidnapping?
Old September 5th, 2016, 07:15 PM