Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old April 15th, 2020, 04:27 PM

Would it not be interesting if Biden chose a real scientist, not a religious faker who doesn't know his ass from his elbow and not a politico who takes credit for stuff he never did like creating the internet, to be VP?
Old April 16th, 2020, 04:07 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I noticed my post 492 in this thread has been edited to read "Not Found". Well the link is still there and it's been updated to cover the present situation, anyone interested can find it at http://g-20.in/

Let's see if a suitable enraged mod exceeds their authority and edits this post?

Last edited by Ned Seagoon; April 16th, 2020 at 05:19 AM.
Old April 16th, 2020, 11:22 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Who was the World Wrestling Federation Champion twice? Hulk Hogan, an American. I'm surprised Trump hasn't brought this up yet.

And you want someone who will kick some butt, like with this current infection, who do you call? Crocodile Dundee? No, Americans like Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood. I'm sure Trump said that at some point.
Old April 17th, 2020, 03:51 AM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
I noticed my post 492 in this thread has been edited to read "Not Found". Well the link is still there and it's been updated to cover the present situation, anyone interested can find it at http://g-20.in/

Let's see if a suitable enraged mod exceeds their authority and edits this post?
Thanks for the re-post Ned I too noticed it missing/deleted. free speech well maybe..
Old April 17th, 2020, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
Who was the World Wrestling Federation Champion twice? Hulk Hogan, an American. I'm surprised Trump hasn't brought this up yet.

And you want someone who will kick some butt, like with this current infection, who do you call? Crocodile Dundee? No, Americans like Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood. I'm sure Trump said that at some point.
He will be waiting for an appropriate moment to spring this on his unsuspecting fans..
Old April 17th, 2020, 04:10 PM
CTH Subscriber

Say whatever you like about him, but with the way things are going he'll be presidenting for 4 more years.
Old April 17th, 2020, 06:24 PM

I live in the heart of trump territory. Anything said bad about him is false news, and anything good about him is exaggerated beyond belief.
Old April 17th, 2020, 07:00 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
Say whatever you like about him, but with the way things are going he'll be presidenting for 4 more years.
But what will he be president of? Who will be left?

At the moment he is making statements about getting America back working. America with the tragic record of having the highest death rate and the most cases of Covid-19 in the world. And as I read it, it doesn't seem to be slowing yet. (perhaps I'm wrong)

In this country we are locked down, with a decreasing rate of infection, the government having the aim of eliminating the disease from our shores before we fully return to normal, with the borders remaining closed to most countries till they have achieved the same.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to all those caught up in this mess, especially our American cousins. Afraid having Donald Trump banging on about Chinese conspiracies and an experimental Chinese germ warfare lab, just doesn't cut it. I would hate to think that he is bluffing the ordinary American people.

Surely there must be someone out there with the American people best interest at heart as opposed to the present guy who just strokes his own ego and de-cry's every negative comment as fake news?

Last edited by Ned Seagoon; April 17th, 2020 at 07:04 PM.
Old April 18th, 2020, 01:02 AM

No he is advocating people in some states ignore the lock down.

"LIBERATE MINNESOTA!'' "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!'' "LIBERATE VIRGINIA,'' Trump said in a tweet-storm in which also lashed out at New York Governor Andrew Cuomo for complaining about the federal response. Cuomo "should spend more time 'doing' and less time 'complaining,'''
Old April 18th, 2020, 03:19 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:

At the moment he is making statements about getting America back working.
He also stated that he would leave it up to the Governors of each state, to decide what to do. I would think that every "leader" of each country, would want the same thing. They have to make a start at some point.
Old April 18th, 2020, 06:23 PM
CTH Subscriber

Pleased to hear that, perhaps he's moved on from the original statement which I saw him make on a news report shown here in Australia, where his actual words, without qualification, were, "The country was now ready to move to the next phase in the war against coronavirus. It was time to open up. America wants to be open, and Americans want it to be open."
Old April 18th, 2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Pleased to hear that, perhaps he's moved on from the original statement which I saw him make on a news report shown here in Australia, where his actual words, without qualification, were, "The country was now ready to move to the next phase in the war against coronavirus. It was time to open up. America wants to be open, and Americans want it to be open."
I truly fail to see what is objectionable in the statement you quoted.
It's totally accurate, nonconfrontational and arguably the most 'presidential" statement Trump's ever made.
Old April 19th, 2020, 05:50 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
I truly fail to see what is objectionable in the statement you quoted.
It's totally accurate, nonconfrontational and arguably the most 'presidential" statement Trump's ever made.
What? Getting the economy going while the death rate is still rising? Cash for the rich is more important than the lives of ordinary citizens?

EDIT: To clarify, perhaps a more appropriate Presidential statement would have been, "I know America and American people want to get back to normal, but now is not the time to be relaxing the lockdown, we have to work together for the good of the country and all Americans to beat this virus, then we can return to normal."

Last edited by Ned Seagoon; April 19th, 2020 at 07:38 AM.
Old April 19th, 2020, 03:27 PM

Trump probably knew at the time he made that statement what that next phase would be.
Now we know what that phase is and I don't see how it qualifies as "cash for the rich."
The American media coverage has been focused on the areas where the virus has hit hard but in Kansas, for example, the New York Times reports 1,820 cases, 86 deaths and 0 new cases.
Kansas is not the only state with similar statistics.
To me, it makes sense to let areas like that start to get back to normal.
To me, it makes no sense to tell a population already showing signs of rebellion there is no relief in sight.
Old April 19th, 2020, 04:56 PM
CTH Subscriber

You may be right, I hope you are. I have many distant relatives in the US and I am concerned for them. However from my observations if there are a reasonably number of identified cases there are probably quite a few asymptomatic cases. The problem is that these people can spread the virus around the community without knowing it. When the majority of the population are locked down, it will probably be members of the infected person's family only who catch the virus from them, if things are allowed to return to normal too early then many other casual contacts may become infected from them and some will die.

In the state where I live at the moment there are 1019 active cases and we have had 6 deaths, and we are locked down tight as a drum. The new school term starts tomorrow and schools are closed except for the children of essential workers with the other children all learning online. The teachers have spent the holidays getting all the lessons online. My son-in-law is a teacher and he is back to work in the morning supervising the kids of essential workers and preparing the next set of online lessons.

People are working from home except for essential workers, some businesses are closed down and the suspended workers are receiving a wage from the government till the business opens back up.

EDIT: Just to put those figures in perspective, Queensland (my state) has around twice the population as Kansas and covers an area around 9 times the size.

Last edited by Ned Seagoon; April 19th, 2020 at 05:26 PM.