Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old March 21st, 2017, 02:16 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
It wasn't so much that they didn't shake hands during the photo op... it was HOW Trump ignored the requests, refused to make eye contact with Merkel and even ignored her when she asked if they should shake hands.

He was like a 5 year old that just been told they can't have their way. Shameful for an adult.. let alone the President of the United States.
Old March 21st, 2017, 03:46 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
The fact that Trump did something no previous president has done (as far as we know) is unsurprising; as unsurprising as the media hyperventilating over it.

The non-handshaking photo op didn't and doesn't annoy, upset or anger me but I can understand why it bothers others.

I certainly don't agree with everything Trump says or does but the non-handshaking photo op doesn't make my top five. It doesn't even make my list.
Old March 21st, 2017, 04:12 PM

I would agree that it's really not that big of a deal. I think, like MANY things, it's merely a harbinger to the poor behavior possible. Which, to be frank, at this point shouldn't surprise anyone.
Old March 21st, 2017, 04:24 PM
CTH Subscriber

Breaking News : CNN & MSNBC are reporting that President Trump sneezed. More details to follow after this 3 minutes commercial break!
Old March 21st, 2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
Breaking News : CNN & MSNBC are reporting that President Trump sneezed. More details to follow after this 3 minutes commercial break!
Yes, yes...but did he sneeze like every president before him sneezed?

Was the sneeze presidential?

Does that sneeze indicate a sinus infection or a terminal disease?

Is the life of the leader of the free world in jeopardy?

Tune for endless, mindless, partisan speculation tonight!
Old March 21st, 2017, 11:53 PM

Wonder if the Republican Congress will ever agree to impeach this buffoon, or just continue on manipulating him like they are. Don't recall ever seeing reports about how many impeachable violations he did during even his first 100 days in office for any past president.

And pro-Trump rallies. Not pro-Republican rallies.

Were there ever pro-Bush rallies after he became prez, or pro-Reagan? If not, who organized these pro-Trump rallies? He's elected. Why rallies?

Worse is Trump is Bannon's mouthpiece. Aside from Bannon looking like he's on a bender, or maybe coming off one (or worse), he is definitely the wrong person to be given so much power, so quickly.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:30 AM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
WOW! What time???
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:40 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
Yes, yes...but did he sneeze like every president before him sneezed?

Was the sneeze presidential?

Does that sneeze indicate a sinus infection or a terminal disease?

Is the life of the leader of the free world in jeopardy?

All of the above, but perish the thought of mainstream media stating facts like that, Oh and PBS Newshour too!!
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:58 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
Wonder if the Republican Congress will ever agree to impeach this buffoon, or just continue on manipulating him like they are. Don't recall ever seeing reports about how many impeachable violations he did during even his first 100 days in office for any past president.

And pro-Trump rallies. Not pro-Republican rallies.

Were there ever pro-Bush rallies after he became prez, or pro-Reagan? If not, who organized these pro-Trump rallies? He's elected. Why rallies?

Worse is Trump is Bannon's mouthpiece. Aside from Bannon looking like he's on a bender, or maybe coming off one (or worse), he is definitely the wrong person to be given so much power, so quickly.
Fair points. I suspect the rallies had something to do with all the "opposing" rallies. As for them being pro Trump rallies, I'm guessing that's because the mainstream media made them out to be just that, plus aren't most of the protesters protesting against Trump more so than anyone else, anyway?

Here's one other thing to consider......Of all the "celebrities" who announced to ALL that if Trump won the election they'd leave the USA, how many stuck by what they said?
Old March 22nd, 2017, 10:02 PM
CTH Subscriber

Just seen a story in an Australian newspaper "A SENIOR US politician has told Donald Trump to prepare to be kicked out of office, amid claims he may bring his own presidency undone." see Brisbane Courier Mail

Is this real news? What are you seeing in the US?
Old March 22nd, 2017, 10:43 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

It's as real as this one -

"Australian Prime Minister Admits To Being Hitman For Martian Mafia - Details Inside!"
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:49 PM

Martian Mafia has diversity, can say that much for it.

Luffy, don't worry about my post. Just clearing dust out of my head, and feel much better for it. Disregard, please.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Just seen a story in an Australian newspaper "A SENIOR US politician has told Donald Trump to prepare to be kicked out of office, amid claims he may bring his own presidency undone." see Brisbane Courier Mail

Is this real news? What are you seeing in the US?
Sen. Barbara Boxer and Rep. Maxine Waters, along with Feinstein have been talking about Trump impeachment for months. Waters was the most recent.

It's all political theater and Democrats' wishful thinking.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
The right shrieked for Obama's impeachment for 8 years. I expect the left's shrieking for Trump's impeachment will have the same results.

Quote:
And pro-Trump rallies. Not pro-Republican rallies. Were there ever pro-Bush rallies after he became prez, or pro-Reagan? If not, who organized these pro-Trump rallies? He's elected. Why rallies?
Yes, there were Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama and will be Trump "rallies" throughout each man's presidency, although pre-Trump the media referred to them as "presidential addresses" or speeches. The speeches are used by presidents to lay out their agenda, policies and/or legislation to increase popular support. They are organized by the White House administrative staff.

Quote:
It's true Bannon is not a physically attractive person. It is not true he's the president's "mouthpiece." That's Sean Spicer, the press secretary. Bannon's an advisor. I doubt anyone outside the president and his inner circle know how much power either one has.
Old March 24th, 2017, 03:07 AM

Paul Ryan would have to draw up the impeachment papers... that's never gonna happen -- it would be political suicide with the (current) Republican party. The Koch brothers would stop giving him money.