Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old February 9th, 2017, 10:23 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
I found this on another site, I guess Mr Trump would call it false news, however I had already had the feeling during the Inauguration that the body language of the first lady was saying that she didn't want to be there. These psychologists have placed a deeper interpretation, and shown more examples than I saw during the Inauguration, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMV1HA2O3x8
The poor first lady. I feel sorry for her.
imo, she is just a trophy wife.. I doubt there is any love, unless you count the bank account.
Old February 9th, 2017, 07:14 PM

Wow!!!
Old February 9th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
It must be true, it's on the internet!
Old February 9th, 2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
It must be true, it's on the internet!
Oh for suuure!!
Old February 10th, 2017, 06:31 AM

Looks like the bad guys are going to be running rampant until the president rearranges the crooked justice system... Still the one China policy got support so that has to be "great" Right????
Old February 11th, 2017, 01:58 AM

Kinda surprised the only current administration negative voices in this thread seem to be just Maori and Shrimp-on-the-Barbee guys, and no Americanos.
And like a lot of folks, find Trump and his cohort's antics to be pretty amusing. Likely would have found Clinton and her team's initial actions fun as well. But all replies are from a head hunter (head on a glass at least) and a boomerang tosser as the only counter statements?
Old February 11th, 2017, 02:21 AM

I have laughed at many politicians from all over the world throughout my life but this dude really takes the cake. Not even a month in office and there is not a stand up comedian any where that is short of material...
Old February 11th, 2017, 03:19 AM
CTH Subscriber

Yes, I was surprised a few locals didn't have a say, not sure if it's because of apathy or a fear of the SS, Trump style of course.

Have a read of this
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:02 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
and a boomerang tosser
Do you mind, please leave the boomerang out of this, I'm just an ordinary tosser.
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Do you mind, please leave the boomerang out of this, I'm just an ordinary tosser.
As president of the NZ tossers alliance I have a rotflmao moment...
Old February 11th, 2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Yes, I was surprised a few locals didn't have a say, not sure if it's because of apathy or a fear of the SS, Trump style of course.
Have a read of this
Yeah Ned,
I think this is a typical CNN/Fox/crooked democrat wiki edit. I am sure the alternate facts will provide a far clearer and truthful picture than the one you demonstrate here..
Old February 11th, 2017, 05:55 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
Not even a month in office and there is not a stand up comedian any where that is short of material...
Which if you think about it, this works in Trumps favour.......keeps the employment figures high.
Old February 12th, 2017, 08:47 AM

O/S: MacOS
Okay.. American..... here......

Truth is.. what's there to say???? SANE republicans are far too entrenched in self-interest to stand up and call out the administration on its insanity. After all.. they need to keep that GOP lobby money funneling their way.... and Democrats have absolutely no spine and due to the GOP majority, seem resolved to near, if not complete, apathy over the insanity.

A few rational officials seem to be TRYING a little... but they are all still well entrenched in the mindset of "party" and "self" rather than "AMERICAN" and "Public servant".

I "get" why Trumo was elected.. there are millions of people sick to death of the same-old-same-old and ANY change is sometimes seen as a good change, even if it's not. It was clear Clinton would have just continued on pretty much the same as things have been for 20+ years now. There was hope when Obama was first elected... and he let millions down in many ways. So all those millions of voices, by electing Trump were essentially screaming "ENOUGH! Something HAS to change." The problem is... they are still screaming that same chant without taking into account the actual damage which can be/is being done by the new inexperienced administration. So if they are/were Tump supporters... they are seeing "anything" as at least something "different" without taking the merits of actions into accounts (short sighted Americans as always).

If they are not Trump supporters a great deal of the protests and demonstrations are EXACTLY why Trump supporters are Trump supporters. You can't scream for LGBT rights while wearing a pink feather boa, a tube top, and red hot pants doing the splits in front of TV cameras. Your protest message gets lost by the theater of your actions and you, in turn, end up fueling the other side. A sane person doesn't bring their M16 to they anti-gun rally they wish to support. Just as many Trump supports are bat-**** crazy... there are as many bat-**** crazy anti-Trump demonstrators. It's all a literal circus.

Truth is I'm a single white male without any children. It's very doubtful anything Trump's administration does will really impact me in a major direct manor - after all, they are all about the older white male. So, yeah I could possibly be more "up in arms" or speak up about how wrong I think the Trump administration is on MANY issues... but why bother?

The lunatics are running the asylum..... and that's BOTH sides... not just one.

So burn it all down.... who cares??? If no one who is actually has power to do anything can pull their head out of their ass... I'm certainly not greasing up my hands to dive in and pull it out for them.

So yeah.... my perspective on the Year of the Rooster..... "F" it... lets see how bad it gets...
Old February 12th, 2017, 01:26 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Okay.. American..... here......
Well spoken Buzz, I think you have summed up the situation exactly.

However I have some concerns regarding one of your conclusions.
Quote:
Truth is I'm a single white male without any children. It's very doubtful anything Trump's administration does will really impact me in a major direct manor
I hope you are right, however there is potential for everything to blow up. Sure the Trump administration can piss all over Mexico and get away with it apart from some world opinion, which will mean nothing to them, but China is a different matter. China is obviously intent on expansion into the South China Sea, (probably oil there) and are not going to take kindly to any interference with that. It will probably only take a small incident between a US warship, or the 'little sir echo' Australian warship, tagging along (while all the time calling yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir) and a Chinese warship, and all hell will break loose, you and I and everyone else will be ducking for cover.
Old February 12th, 2017, 05:40 PM

O/S: MacOS
Ned, My point is that it really DOESN'T matter. Absolutely nothing I say or do is going to alter the course this administration is set on. And that includes faltering foreign relations which may end up disastrous.

No matter how fast YOU see that cliff approaching.... only the people DRIVING the bus can actually hit the freakin brakes.

Am I concerned? Heck yeah. Should I waste one second of energy due to that concern? Nope. Not until at least a few of the lemmings in DC stand up and show their balls. The fact that DeVoss and Sessions were actually confirmed states more about the futility of it all than anything. We are in for at least a couple fascist or pseudo-fascist years. I HOPE the judiciary branch maintains the sanity because the legislative and executive branches are morons...... we'll just have to see.