Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old June 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
You've complicated things by adding some basic html errors. The doc declaration and html, head, title tags are messed up.

Your declaration is a mix of html 4.0 and xhtml. Use one or the other and put the tags in their proper sequence.
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" 
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<title></title>
or...
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" 
"http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title></title>
Quote:
Does it show for you?
Your current page displays ok for me in Firefox 3.0.11. There will probably need to be some tweaks for IE.
(Buzz, jump in if you spot something.)

Also, when you fixed the leftnav spelling differences you changed both to leftnavr. I think you intended (for consistency) to spell them both leftnav. It's ok as-is if you don't want to fix that.
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:39 AM

Any idea why the horizontalnav does not show up with a background? The way it's wrote there whould be a background to it. Thanks for the info on the declaration. I havent changed it yet but will before this is published. For some reason, when i remove the r from the leftnavr it will not show the left nav for me. I want to put a logo ontop of the top header on the left side. Any idea what the code for that would be? Should i do it on the CSS or just do it on each HTML page?
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeleon View Post
Any idea why the horizontalnav does not show up with a background? The way it's wrote there whould be a background to it.
It's probably because the ul doesn't have a background color specified and is using a default white. Change this...
Code:
.navlinks ul {

margin: auto;
}
to this...
Code:
.navlinks ul {

margin: auto;
background-color: #808080;
}

Quote:
...For some reason, when i remove the r from the leftnavr it will not show the left nav for me.
Same as I posted above. The html file and css file spelling must match. If you change the html you must also change the css.

Quote:
... I want to put a logo ontop of the top header on the left side. Any idea what the code for that would be? Should i do it on the CSS or just do it on each HTML page?
To keep it simple you should put it right in the appropriate html file div. If you're using an image logo use a standard img tag.